Thursday, November 22, 2007

Conclusion

Though I feel that I have at least managed to increase my use of technology in the classroom, I know that there are so many more resources that I have not yet used, and that these resources may make a difference in a student's comprehension, or even his perception of school in general.

I also need to remember that students, though they may use their own computers on a daily basis, do not have the same knowledge I do, and that they may need explicit instructions and demonstrations in order to successfully make use of the technology themselves. I've been reminded that students are often reluctant to make use of new and unfamiliar learning opportunities. Still, I'm even more certain of the importance of helping students use technology to enhance their education.

I feel that I have moved beyond the traditional lecture-review-test method of teaching, but my students are not as eager to move past these boundaries as I am. I am more determined than ever to help students become more active participants in their schooling, and I am excited about all of the opportunities that technology in the classroom offers.

On the whole, I am glad that I made an effort to learn how to incorporate technology into my classes. I think that this decision has helped me to become a better teacher, and it has helped my students to become better learners.

No comments: